Adaptation of personnel is a deviceEmployees to a position, to new working conditions and collective. It is based on the gradual introduction of the worker into production processes, unfamiliar to him professional, organizational, administrative, economic, socio-psychological and other working conditions. Adaptation leads to an increase in the efficiency and functioning of employees and a reduction in employee turnover.
There are two types of adaptation: primary and secondary.
Primary adaptation is aimed at young cadres,Not experienced in the work, secondary - to old employees who have changed working conditions, due to the receipt of a new position or responsibilities. Adaptability of old workers to new conditions usually occurs less gently, but with beginners there are often problems, so it is necessary to approach with all seriousness the process of their adaptation.
Conditionally the period of getting used to a new position can be divided into three stages:
- Acquaintance. At this stage, a new specialist gets acquainted with the goals, tasks, and methods of organization. And also tries to join the team and establish relations with all the employees of the company.
- Adaptation. This period can last from 1 month to a year. Its effectiveness depends on external assistance from others.
- Assimilation. At this stage, the employee fully adapts to his position, copes with his duties and becomes a full member of the team.
The professional adaptation of a beginner depends not onOnly from his diligence, but also from outside help from colleagues and company management. And the latter are most interested in having the new employee understand all the features of his job as soon as possible and join the team. Therefore, in each self-respecting organization, a program of labor adaptation must be developed. It must be carefully planned to contain clear and precise requirements.
Adaptation program for new employees
- Define the composition of the team, which entrust the management of the adaptation of newcomers. Include in this group of managers and staff from the human resources department. Clearly explain to them their responsibilities.
- Divide the new employees into groups, each of them needs an individual approach.
- Some of them may have problems with functional duties, some have social problems in the team.
- Make a list of questions that usuallyArise in beginners. Write answers to these questions and see the answers of new employees. This will help reduce the period of adaptation and protects against many mistakes in work.
- Develop a program for the first day of the employee. This program can include acquaintance with colleagues, an excursion around the organization, etc. Assign the person responsible for these events.
- Prepare the necessary materials about the mission of the company, history, technology, corporate culture, internal relations. it
Will be some kind of company charter.
- Give the newcomer personal information (phone numbers, e-mails) for people who can be contacted in case of difficulty in work or questions.
- Determine which special training activities a beginner needs and instruct them to undertake these activities.
- Make a scale of success of the novice passing a trial period, evaluate it for all new employees.
- Summarize the trial period and, if the newcomer coped, transfer it to the basic staff.
Do not be intimidated by this impressive list, because your company wins from the successful adaptation of employees.