Like many years ago, today natural materials remain a priority. And it's not about fashion and personal ambitions, but about taking care of one's own health and comfort.
What kinds of natural fabrics are used for tailoring, and what are their advantages, let's try to figure it out.
Names of natural fabrics
To date, no syntheticThe material is not comparable in quality and appearance with natural. First, they are hypoallergenic, pleasant to the touch, have antifungal, antiseptic and thermoregulatory properties.
Depending on the origin, natural fabrics are classified into:
- Vegetable (materials based on cotton and flax);
- Animals (silk and wool);
- Mineral (awn, asbestos).
We bring to your attention a short list of the most popular natural fabrics and their characteristics:
- Batiste - the legacy of a certain Mr. Batista of Cambrai. Baptiste is light and soft, it is made of twisted cotton and used for sewing underwear, handkerchiefs. In addition, from this natural fabric they sew light summer women's summer dresses.
- Calico - cotton strong and dense matte fabric, which is used for sewing pastel clothes.
- Denim - one of the most popular materials in the listNatural fabrics, made by twill weaving. Previously, only working clothes were sewn from denim, today things from denim (jackets, trousers, overalls, shorts, shirts) are an integral part of the basic wardrobe of every woman.
- Silk. In special respect this matter is for designers andFashionistas. From her make the most diverse clothing. Such popularity is due to the unique properties of the material: it overflows with all the colors of the rainbow, has high strength, does not stretch and does not sit down, but it dries well.
- Chiffon. Light, flowing natural fabric called chiffon, has become one of the basic materials that are used by eminent couturiers when creating summer collections of clothing. </a> Blouses, dresses, scarves, skirts - look simply elegant, while they are distinguished by excellent quality and durability.
- Velvet. Noble matter, which onceWas used for tailoring royal clothes. Velvet is highly valued to this day, but only the range of its application has significantly expanded. Presentable evening dresses for true ladies, skirts, jackets - in such clothes it is simply impossible to remain unnoticed. However, it is worth noting that velvet is very fond - he will not tolerate machine washing, spinning and ordinary drying.
- Atlas. Another no less attractive naturalFabric - satin, is also made based on silk. A characteristic brilliance fascinates with its beauty and inspires designers to create very beautiful clothes and home textiles.
- Krepdesyn. A true connoisseur of quality and beautyClothes often give preference to things sewn from this material. It is pleasant to the body, it does not crumple, it well passes the air. Dresses, blouses, crepe de Chine skirts look feminine and romantic, but require careful care.
- Linen. Natural tissue of plant origin. Depending on the type of weaving, linen cloths are dense and thin, hence the wide range of uses. Special demand is for linen jackets, skirts, pants, dresses, shirts and blouses. When washing in hot water, the cloths shrink, and things from it quickly crumple, but this shortcomings of this natural matter end.
- Angora. A soft, warm and pleasant to the touch natural fabric, which was originally made from the wool of the Angora goat
Or rabbit. In the production of clothing, the angora is rarely used in its pure form, since it has the property of quickly climbing. Usually, in the manufacture of paintings add acrylic or wool merino, which significantly prolongs the life of sewn of them dresses, sweaters, coats.
- Cashmere. This light and warm, wear-resistant andHypoallergenic material is made from the down of a mountain goat, which is plucked by hand. Cashmere coats are a real decoration for every woman, but besides outerwear from cashmere they sew sweaters, dresses and jackets.
- Tweed. The natural tissue of animal origin, called the tweed, is widely used for sewing everyday warm clothes. This matter has excellent quality, but it is very whimsical in care.