Labor education of young children isActivities that are aimed at developing general labor capabilities, the formation of psychological preparedness, responsible attitude to work and products of its production, and also affecting the mental and physical development of the child. The problems of labor education are quite relevant for preschool children, since at this stage the child develops personal qualities, skills and aspirations for work.
Tasks of labor education of preschool children
- The education of respect for the work of adults and the desire to help;
- Development of labor skills, their improvement and gradual increase in the content of work;
- The formation of positive personal qualities in children, such as striving for work, caring, responsibility, thrift;
- Development of work organization skills;
- Fostering positive relationships in the processWork activity between children - the ability to work in a team, if necessary, provide assistance, favorably assess the work of peers and make respectful comments.
The tasks of labor education can be embodied inPre-school educational institutions (DOW) and with the family. The DOW plays an important role in the overall development of the child. It should be noted that the upbringing of children in kindergarten is carried out in accordance with a certain program. In the society of peers, it is easier for a child to compare his labor skills and results with the labor education of his comrades. Also, in the formation of the child's personality, a high priority is given to family education. The main principle of labor education in the family is that the workload must correspond to the age and personal characteristics of the child. It is important for all family members to always be an example when doing any domestic things. Children like to imitate adults and feel great pride if they are entrusted with "real" affairs at home.
The work of pre-school children can be divided into several types:
- Household and domestic work;
- Work on the care of plants and animals;
- manual labor.
Features of labor education of preschoolers
Peculiarities of attitudes towards workThe child at an early age is that he is more attracted to the process of labor than the end result. Therefore, the relationship between work and play is important for the preschooler.
The main methods and techniques of labor education:
- Help the child to determine the purpose of labor;
- Discuss what is the value of this work, why and for whom it is needed;
- Teach how to break up the work into stages of implementation;
- Demonstrate and explain how best to do so;
- To awaken and support in the course of work an interest in the forthcoming case;
- Discuss what has been done and what else can be done to achieve a better result;
- To encourage efforts, the interest of the child and the desire to cope with difficulties, achieving the designated goal;
- To check and evaluate together with the child the course and results of the work;
- To involve the child in joint work, set an example of responsible attitude to the case, while helping with advice or business, if there were difficulties;
- To awaken the initiative of the child to independent decisions.
The main goal of labor education of preschool children -It is the formation of the child's personality, as well as the right attitude to work. Work develops in the preschool child intelligence, observation, attention, concentration, memory, and also strengthens his physical strength and health.