20 week is the deadline on which miscarriage can occur, later it is called premature birth, and the born fetus is a premature or stillborn child.
Causes of miscarriage at week 20
The causes of miscarriage in 20 weeks may be:
- Any chromosomal abnormalities, congenital malformations of the fetus incompatible with life;
- Intrauterine infections;
- Rhesus-conflict between mother and child;
- Severe maternal diseases (eg, diabetes mellitus, blood diseases);
- Ischemic - cervical insufficiency;
- Severe trauma, intoxication, shock of any etiology in the mother.
Signs of miscarriage at week 20
The first symptoms of what appeared at week 20The threat of miscarriage is the pains in the lower abdomen, acute or aching, which indicate that the woman's uterus is contracting. Over time, the pains become cramping, there may appear mignifying brown or spotting (especially with a contraction in the place of attachment of the placenta and its complete or partial detachment).
The fetus may die due to circulatory disorders, and the woman ceases to feel his stirring, if they already were. A gynecologist can not determine the fetal heartbeat.
Diagnose the threat of miscarriage, fetal death,Full or incomplete miscarriage, it is possible after an ultrasound examination of a woman. After a miscarriage, a woman is recommended to abstain for six months from subsequent pregnancies. It is necessary to have a checkup with a gynecologist to find out the reasons for the miscarriage and eliminate the threat to subsequent pregnancies.