The pituitary gland is an important regulatory center,Which combines the endocrine and nervous factors of the human body. Hormones of the pituitary gland are constantly developing protein products responsible for numerous processes occurring inside a person.
What hormones are produced by the pituitary gland?
Distinguish between the anterior and posterior lobes of the pituitary gland, they can also secrete the intermediate part, but it is practically absent. These parts are designed to perform their functions.
Consider the hormones located in the anterior lobe:
- TTG. Thyrotropic hormone is intended for regulationFunctions of the thyroid gland and regulates the synthesis of substances T3 and T4 associated with metabolic processes, digestive and nervous system, and also with the work of the heart. Excessive amounts of these components lead to thyrotoxicosis.
- ACTH. Adrenocorticotropic hormone affectsThe activity of the adrenal cortex, and also has a slight effect on sex hormones. Plus, the substance promotes fat oxidation, activates insulin and cholesterol synthesis, and increases pigmentation. If an excess of ACGT was detected in the analysis of pituitary hormones, then Itenko-Cushing's disease may occur, accompanied by hypertension, fat deposits and impaired immunity. With a deficiency, a metabolic disorder occurs.
- STG. The pituitary hormone somatotropin takes part inVarious kinds of exchange, thanks to him the development of the organism. The consequence of its excessive content in children becomes gigantism, and excess in adults causes acromegaly (tissue growth and thickening of bones). The disadvantage is the arrest of growth in the young body.
- Prolactin. This hormone plays a major role in reproduction. The hormone exerts the greatest influence on the female body. Thanks to him, the mammary glands grow and milk begins to be released from the mothers. Excessive levels of prolactin can cause problems with conception and worsen potency.
- FSG and LH. Follicle-stimulating and lyutenizing hormone affect the sex glands, producing the main components of the reproductive system of progesterone and estrogen.
To hormones, the formation of which is responsible for the posterior part of the pituitary gland, include the following:
- Oxytocin. The hormone affects the female body, stimulating labor and participating in lactation. The mechanism of influence on men is not revealed.
- Vasopressin. Antidiuretic hormone increases the volume of fluid in the body, stimulating the absorption of water in the kidney canals. In addition, the hormone narrows the arterioles, which is very important for blood loss.
Preparations of pituitary hormones
In the detection of pathological processes, the appearance of which is associated with a malfunction of the pituitary gland and the production of basic protein products, special medicines are prescribed.
Preparations of the hormones of the anterior lobe of the pituitary:
- To normalize the work of the adrenal glands, especially for the development of glucocorticoids, use Sinaten Depot, Corticotropin, Corticotropin-Zinc.
- To stimulate the production of thyroxine and improve the work of the thyroid, Tyrothropine is prescribed.
- To normalize the growth of the skeleton and activate the development of the whole body take Somatotropin, Size, Humatrop.
- Deficiency of the follicle-stimulating hormone is compensated by the use of phallitropin alfa and beta. With a simultaneous deficiency and hormone LH take Pergonal.
- Medications to compensate for the lack of prolactin were not developed. However, to block it, use bromocriptine.
Preparations of hormones of the posterior lobe of the pituitary:
- To improve the contractions of the uterine muscles and the formation of milk, such drugs can be prescribed Synthofinon and Oxytocin Deamaminokistocin.
- For the treatment of diabetes, Lysinvazopressin is administered, Pitioutrin consists simultaneously of oxytocin and vasopressin, which contribute to the reduction of the uterus.