The cause of irritable bowel syndrome is a physical and mental problem. Patients are noted:
- increase and decrease of intestinal motility;
- Disorders of secretory processes in the gastrointestinal tract;
- changes in visceral sensitivity.
We learn what medicines are recommended for specialists with gastrointestinal irritable bowel syndrome.
How to treat irritable bowel syndrome with medications?
The choice of drugs for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome depends on which problem (or problems) are noted in a particular person.
Drugs for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea
With frequent stools, the condition can be normalized with antidiarrheal drugs, including:
- drugs that slow intestinal motility (Imodium, Diar, Diphenoxylate, Loperamide);
- sorbents (Enterosgel, Polyphepan, Polysorb, Filtrum STI);
- a suspension of Smect powder;
- modulator of serotonin receptors Alosetron;
- astringent phytopreparations containing fruits of bird cherry, blueberry or alder, roots of serpentine, tentacle, etc.
Medications for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation
To strengthen intestinal motility apply:
- prokinetics - the means that activate motor skills (Motilium, Coordiks, Peristil);
- Laxatives, softening fecal masses (Dufalac, Mukofalk);
- osmotic laxatives (Lactulose, Magnesia, Forlax, magnesium and sodium sulfate);
- laxative-irritants (Bisacodyl, Guttalax, Dulcolax, Regulax);
- vegetative laxatives with the content of rhubarb, bark of buckthorn, hay, flaxseed, wheat bran, etc.
Medicinal preparations for irritable bowel syndrome with flatulence
To get rid of meteorism, manifested inform of bloating and excessive gas formation, it is necessary to take defoamers with simethicone (Espumizan, Dimethikon). Adsorbents are also effective:
- Aluminum hydroxide;
- Activated carbon;
- preparations of bismuth.
In the irritable bowel syndrome associated with excessive growth of bacterial colonies, antibacterial agents are prescribed:
At the same time, you can take the prebiotic Hilak-Forte. The drug acts on the pathogenic microflora through the enhancement of the metabolism of microorganisms necessary for the functioning of the intestine.
Tablets from spasms and pain in irritable bowel syndrome
To reduce pain and get rid of spasms in the intestine, drugs that affect the enkephalinergic system of the digestive tract are used:
- calcium channel blockers (Dicetel, Spasmomen);
- blockers of sodium channels (Duspatalin);
- holinolitiki (Buskopan) - this drug in the form of tablets or rectal suppositories is especially effective for abdominal pain associated with alternating constipation and diarrhea;
- Regulators of intestinal motility (Debrideat).
Attention! Significant role in the occurrence of irritable bowel syndrome is played by disorders of the central
Along with medicamental therapy, patients with irritable bowel syndrome are recommended additional treatment procedures. It can be such methods as:
- hypnotherapy, etc.
It is equally important to adhere to the diet recommended by a specialist.