A loose stool or diarrhea always accompaniesAny serious digestive disorders or gastroenterological diseases. Therefore, it is important to find out what causes diarrhea - symptoms can indicate the origin and pathogenesis of the problem, as well as suggest ways to solve it.
Cholera diarrhea - symptoms
This subspecies of pathology, as a rule, arisesAs a result of excessive intake of bile acids into the lumen of the small intestine. Because of this, motor activity is significantly accelerated and at the same time absorption by mucous membranes worsens.
The considered diarrhea is notAn independent disease, but a clinical sign of any inflammatory processes in the intestine, gall bladder or liver, Crohn's disease. In addition, it can occur after surgery, in particular - resection.
Symptoms of cholagic diarrhea:
- Sharp cutting pain in the right hypochondrium;
- Feeling of heaviness in the liver region;
- Presence in the feces of yellowish or greenish clots, inclusions, mucus;
- Sharp stool odor;
- Pain syndrome with palpation of the ileum.
Infectious diarrhea - symptoms
The type of problem described is caused by bacteria, viruses or parasites present in the human body. To date, this is one of the most common types of disease.
Symptoms of bacterial diarrhea:
- Feverish condition;
- Increased sweating;
- Pain in epigastric region of cramping;
- Drowsiness, lethargy;
- Dehydration, a feeling of constant thirst.
The clinical picture, in addition, may varyDepending on the pathogen of the inflammatory process. So, when affected by campylobacteria, the symptoms of the disease resemble appendicitis. During infection with salmonellosis it is often accompanied by meningitis, pneumonia, purulent pathologies of internal organs. The intestinal bacillus, which causes diarrhea, often leads to anemia, acute renal failure.
Symptoms of viral diarrhea:
- Violation of water and electrolyte balance;
- Increased body temperature;
- Mild lesions of the upper respiratory tract (cough, mild rhinitis).
Usually, diarrhea of this kind passes quickly (within 4-5 days) and does not require special therapy, except symptomatic treatment of clinical signs.
Acute diarrhea - symptoms
Such a diagnosis is established on the basis of the following manifestations:
- Intoxication of the body;
- Vomiting and nausea;
- Reiter's syndrome;
- Rashes on the skin;
- Dry skin;
- Pain and weakness in the muscles;
- lack of appetite;
- In some cases - the presence of blood clots in feces or scarlet blood;
- Discoloration of the stool.
Moreover, the signs can vary according to the root cause of diarrhea, the causative agent of the inflammatory process or a disease whose relapse provoked diarrhea.
Chronic diarrhea - symptoms
Continuing for more than 3 weeks, an intestinal disorder is considered to be a persistent chronic disease. It has various causes and is usually accompanied by the following manifestations:
- Rare pulling pains in the lower abdomen;
- Bloating, flatulence;
- Mild nausea;
- rare headaches;
- a feeling of discomfort on waking;
- Decreased appetite;
- increase in body temperature to subfebrile values;
- irritability, nervous system disorders;
- apathy, lethargy;
- changes in the water-salt balance;
- rashes on the skin in the form of small pimples, increased fat content and work of the sebaceous glands;
- deterioration of the hair, nails;