In most cases, bathrooms make outCeramic tiles. It is strong and durable. But there is a category of people who try to bring comfort and zest even the interior of this room. Create it will help you and.
Wall-papers for a bathroom: to be or not to be?
It is clear that the use of wallpaper for registrationSpace allows you to create unusual and pleasant to the eye interiors. But for rooms with high humidity, you should select the finishing materials with particular care. This method of registration has both strengths and weaknesses.
Among the shortcomings obvious is the reactionFinishing materials on the conditions of the raised humidity. Many types of wallpaper have a paper base, which is completely ruined by contact with water. The glue can also react with moisture and swell, leaving ugly mounds or stains. At the expense of the ability of the wallpaper to absorb moisture vapor, sooner or later you may encounter the problem of peeling.
But even with all these drawbacks, the wallpaper for the bathroom has a number of advantages:
- The cost of the material and the work of the master is an order of magnitude lower than when using tiles;
- Change the wallpaper is much easier and faster than to tile the tiles and re-level the walls;
- The choice of pattern, bump or color is much wider and the "field for maneuvers" is significantly increased.
As you can see, such a variant of wall decoration atThe correct approach is quite permissible. In order to avoid all the above problems, it is sufficient to follow simple rules. The most important thing is to choose the right finishing materials for high humidity conditions.
Try to avoid places where there will be constant and direct contact with water: the area of the bath or shower, washbasin. In advance, take care of the good ventilation of the room.
What wallpaper can be glued in the bathroom?
If you have decided that this variant of decorating a room suits you, it is worthwhile to dwell in detail on the types of wallpaper that are suitable for these purposes.
- Liquid wallpaper in the bathroom - the last word in theInterior fashion. In fact, this is one of the types of plasters on a water basis. After you apply a layer on the wall, it freezes and becomes not susceptible to splashing water. Before you apply liquid wallpaper in the bathroom, the surface should be carefully prepared. First apply a layer of a special primer, and then a colorless water-repellent varnish. There are several reasons to choose a liquid wallpaper in the bathroom. An obvious advantage is the absence of seams. They are ecological, do not contain toxic substances.
- Vinyl wallpaper for the bathroom is well recommendedThemselves in conditions of constant humidity. Even if you periodically spray them with water, they will retain their original appearance for quite some time, not to mention a couple or small splashes. But this pleasure is not cheap, although for its long life, such moisture-resistant wallpaper for the bathroom completely pays for all the costs.
- Washable wallpaper for the bathroom is often used onKitchen. The fact is that this kind has a special water-repellent coating, which protects against swelling and deformation. Washable waterproof wallpaper for the bathroom can be easily cleaned from dust or dirty stains. They will last a long time, practically without changing their appearance.
- If you do not set saving goals, but simplyYou want to decorate the interior with wallpaper, then you can try another unique look - glass beads. They do not absorb moisture at all. This version is made of glass without using a paper base. They can be painted, which makes it possible to constantly update the room at any convenient time.